5.11.15

Know your worth



I apologise if this post is abit random and abit all over the place. This is being written whilst glugging down a very much needed glass (bottle) of wine.


This year a few things have happened in my personal life. I won't fully go in to it because what happend isn't important. It's how I'm moving on from it and what I've learnt. I would like to think I am a good friend and family member. I always try to put others before myself, even if that means I may be the one to suffer.



But with this I have learnt that it has probably made me a slight pushover. I forgive very easily and allow myself to get hurt over and over again. However this year something has snapped in me. I am still the careing and reliable person I've always been, BUT, I no longer allow people to treat me badly or use me.

My problem is I care too much. I care far too much about what others think. I care if there happy, unhappy etc and realised whilst I was so busy trying to make others happy I was neglecting my own happiness. Several incidents have occurred where I have been treated so unfairly for no reason other than to be used as an outlet for their anger, but for the first time I have walked away.I would always be the one to apologise even if I knew I had done nothing wrong just to keep the peace. I would be the one chasing after them to fix what had happened between us. 


I don't know what it was that made me change but something clicked in my head to say, "you are worth more than this" I am a good person and I deserve to be treated that way. Maybe it's because I am now a mother and the thought of someone treating my children this way,or for my children to think this is how you should be treated by others because of the example I am setting, didn't sit well with me.Standing up for myself was hard but do you know what, it felt bloody good! 

I am still the careing, friendly, reliable and dependable person I always was, but now I know my worth. I don't deserve to be used as someone's punching bag (I don't mean this in the physical sense)  No one does. I can safely say I am happier than I have ever been. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted because I have finally said no I won't allow you to treat me this way! 

There's no real point to this post other than to say, know your worth! If it's a friend, family, work , stranger or partner who treats you like your anything less than what you are, remove them and redefine what you will tolerate and what you find acceptable. You will be a much happier and stronger person.

Thank you for reading. I'm off to finish my wine!



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig