13.10.15

The little things in life


We live in a world where everyone seems to be busy all the time! Rushing here and there, jobs to get to, houses to clean, children to look after, that we forget to just stop! Take some time and appreciate the little things in life.


I am one of these people. Most days I am  so busy Running round after my family (which I love) if it's not the school run, a doctors appointment, ballet, swimming,play dates or my day to work I spend my days cleaning, washing, cooking and preparing for the following day. Oh and amongst that I need to find time to wash my hair...thank god for dry shampoo! 

I know I am not the only person with a busy life and it's hard to find a balance some days. This past weekend we had friends visit. Usually these weekends will be filled with driving here there and everywhere and spending a small fortune. But this time we didn't. We live in a beautiful part of Devon and we took full advantage of it. We went on walks along the countryside and went in a maze. We played board games and cooked, took a stroll down the beach and ate some chips one the seafront. I have to admit it was probably one of the best few days i have had in a long time. 


Seeing my children running carefree, laughing with friends and appreciating the great outdoors is something I have vowed to myself to do more of. Elise had an ice cream on the beach and her words melted my heart..."thank you mummy and daddy I've had the best day with you". We hadn't taken her anywhere fancy and we had hardly spent a penny, but to her she had the most amazing time. 


It just goes to show that children don't need flash things and lots of money. A stroll on the beach and an ice cream can make there day. This weekend has taught me to slow down and appreciate the "little things in life".

I would love to know what you like to do for fun with your family no matter how big or small. Let me know in the comments below.

Thanks for reading.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig