13.9.15

Cookie in a Jar

My children went to a birthday party a few weeks ago and when I posted the photo of the "goodie bag" a lot of you requested to know how it was done. My very creative friend kindly shared how she  created this "cookie in a jar recipe" 


Here are the ingredients and how to layer...

1 and 1/3 cup of plain flour
1 cup baking powder
1 cup baking soda
1/4 tea spoon salt
1 cup cooking oats
3/4 cup m&ms
3/4 cup choco chips (I used white but you can use whatever ones you want)
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar (normal sugar not caster)

To layer 
1st- flour, salt, baking soda and powder
2nd- oats
3rd- m&ms
4th- choco chips
5th- brown sugar
6th- white sugar.

Of course you can substitute the m&m's and milk chocolate chips for something else, depending what kind of cookies you want to create.

She then made a label and stuck it on top of the jar with the instructions for cooking!




Again you can display this in a different way. You could print it on a tag and tie a bow on to the jar and loop it through. 

These particular mason jars are just slightly under 1 litre I believe and they are from "home bargains" at a bargain price of 99p.




I've stocked up as I'm going to be using them for Christmas gift ideas. After trawling the internet and spending time on Pinterest, I have found some great Christmas cookie recipes that I will share in the lead up to Christmas.

These cookies were really quick and easy to make and tasted Amazing!!!


Great idea for any occasion, birthday party's, gifts for Christmas, mothers/Father's Day etc or you could incorporate it in to a hamper. 

I plan on creating a "Christmas hamper" this year as a gift, so again I will share this with you at a later date.

I hope you have enjoyed this post and my friends fab idea has inspired you to create something like this. Enjoy creating!

Thank you for reading.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig